Pain. Anxiety. Trouble getting to sleep. These are just a few of the reasons people are buying hemp flower. Smoking and vaping CBD hemp flower has many of the same health benefits as CBD oil. But the experience takes CBD benefits to a whole new level. So what’s the attraction? Aside from the medicinal effects of CBD, you get a full body relaxation unique to inhaling hemp flower, you get whole plant compounds, you get health effects without getting high, plus it can tame and/or enhance your medical cannabis. Unlike CBD extracts, it is artisanal in nature, so you can become a connoisseur if you like. There’s a real appreciation just like with regular weed, for the look, smell, and taste of CBD buds. And, unlike medical cannabis, it’s legal for anyone to buy and use.
If you’re thinking about getting some hemp buds in your life, read on to discover all the benefits and to see if puffing hemp is right for you.
What Are the Benefits of CBD Flower?
Inhaling hemp is one of the fastest methods for delivering CBD into the body. Smokeable CBD flower effects come on right away. You might wait 30-60 minutes for oral CBD to kick in. The smoke or vapor is inhaled and absorbed into your bloodstream through your lungs, which is much quicker than ingesting cannabis. When you want fast relaxation results, hemp flower has the power.
The High Bioavailability of Inhaling CBD
Bioavailability has to do with how much and how fast something gets absorbed into your bloodstream in order to circulate and have its effects. Inhaling cannabis (whether regular or hemp) has a bioavailability of around 25-50%. Oral forms of CBD have the lowest bioavailability — 4-20% — because they are subject to digestion and are metabolized by the liver.
The Full Entourage or Ensemble Effect
With hemp flower, you are firing up the full spectrum of cannabinoids and whole plant nutrients like terpenes, flavonoids, essential fatty acids, and more. Different cannabinoids like CBD, THC, CBG, CBC, THCV, and CBN have slightly different chemical structures that cause them to interact with the ECS in a variety of ways. When these are inhaled together with terpenes, cannaflavins, etc., they work synergistically to optimize relief and well-being.
Hemp flower is quite a bit cheaper than an ounce of weed, which in newer legal states can run from $150-$600 an ounce. The national average on hemp flower is around $100-$200 per ounce. At Stardust Hemp, we have even lower prices, because we have direct relationships with cultivators, resulting in higher quality for less cost.
Full Body Effects Without the High
It’s not possible to get high inhaling CBD flower. That doesn’t mean it’s second rate, however. Its medicinal effects are potent, offering a relaxation felt deep in the body … it just doesn’t have the euphoric mental stimulation of high-THC.
Smoking or vaping CBD, you can still work and perform activities, and you won’t get couchlock. Even though there is a negligible amount of THC in CBD, you won’t feel intoxicated by it. CBD actually moderates the effects of THC, and studies have shown they can work together to help with symptoms like inflammation, anxiety, and more.
Lastly, and probably most importantly, are the health benefits of CBD flower. CBD hemp flower effects may include:
- Deep Relaxation — Sometimes puffing hemp flower at the end of the day can really help your body distress, especially if you experience a lot of tension or physical stress on your body throughout the day. It’s also great for recovery after workouts. This can definitely help you find your way to a good night’s sleep.
- Powerful Anti-inflammatory — CBD has an inhibitory effect on the COX enzyme that’s involved in mediating pain and inflammation. Unlike OTC drugs like NAIDs, CBD blocks many of the receptors that lead to inflammation, and is therefore more powerful. Also, CBD helps with pain, and when the body stops reading pain, it won’t sense danger and cause inflammation. CBD has many mad skills!
- CBD for Anxiety, Depression, and Addiction — CBD binds directly with opioid receptors treating pain, but deterring opioid drug abuse. CBD also interacts with dopamine receptors, helping to regulate behavior and thinking, which can influence depression and addiction. By interacting with serotonin receptors, CBD can treat anxiety, depression, and drug-seeking behavior. And finally, CBD works to keep your natural endocannabinoid, anandamide — aka the bliss molecule — around longer by inhibiting the enzyme that breaks it down.
- Other Therapeutic Effects — There’s also preclinical and human research showing that CBD is also neuroprotective, anti-tumor, anticonvulsant, bone-healing, antispasmodic, antiemetic, and more.
What Are the Best CBD Flowers to Smoke or Vape?
- Bubba Kush CBD — Light citrus flavors with kush notes. Relaxing and light euphoric effects. Great for anxiety, reducing stress, zapping aches and pains.
- Hempress 2 CBD — Pine and citrus earthiness. Immediate calming, followed by confident alertness in the mind. Great for racing mind, concentration, and pain and inflammation.
- Pineapple Haze CBD — Sweet and tropical. Promotes feelings of comfort, happiness, and focus. Great for relaxing, social gatherings, relieving pain and inflammation.
- Purple Punch CBD — Candy-flavored comfort. Powerfully relaxing. great for insomnia, chronic pain, anxiety, paranoia, nausea and inflammation.
- Sour Diesel CBD — Strangely alluring aromas of skunk, gas, and sour. Uplifting and motivating. Great for sluggishness, pain, and depression.
- Suver Haze CBD — Sweet and skunky. A primo daytime strain. Used to relieve anxiety, depression, and inflammation.
About Stardust Hemp
From the fertile soil of the Emerald Triangle to the greenhouses in the Nevada mountains to you — Stardust Hemp sources only the finest legal hemp flower, whether for our aromatic hemp buds or our excellent hemp flower prerolls that have received rave reviews.